Work With Us
If you are interested in sharing your time and talents with Lyric in other areas, read below for ways you can get involved!
Ticket Operations Assistant
Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma seeks a part-time ticket operations assistant. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide excellent customer service to patrons and guests of Lyric, by aiding them with accurate performance information and assisting them in purchasing and/or picking up tickets. Duties include selling tickets over the phone and in person via computer-based systems, working the box office window before and during shows, learning and using two ticketing systems, mailing and exchanging tickets, answering multiple phone lines, and other duties as assigned. This individual must be extremely detail oriented, particularly with complex situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Be computer savvy (Windows environment)
- Have excellent and accurate typing skills
- Have exceptional telephone and customer-service skills and the ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Provide excellent customer service
- Be a self-motivator, a team player and be organized; provide a positive attitude toward patrons and colleagues
- Experience using ticketing systems preferred, but not required
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Processing and fulfilling of orders for ticketing requests made in person, by phone, by mail or online for performances at the Civic Center Music Hall and Plaza Theatre
- Working at the box office window before and during shows at both theatre locations on a rotating schedule, providing first-class customer service, ensuring guests receive professional and efficient service at all times
- Answering calls pertaining to single ticket and season ticket sales
- Assisting subscribers with questions regarding their accounts and ticket exchanges
The associate will work directly under the Audience Services Manager and will receive direction from all executive administrators as required. Hours vary according to the production schedule. Some evenings and weekends required as well as work during regular business hours. Position is up to 28 hours per week, paying $13 an hour. Opportunities for growth with Lyric and potential full-time employment will be considered.
Applicants seeking to be considered for this position should send an e-mail, including a cover letter, resume and references to Michael Bratcher.
Or mail cover letter and resume to:
Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma
Attn: Michael Bratcher
1727 NW 16th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Cover letters and resumes must be submitted by 5 p.m. Dec. 4, as interviews will be conducted the following week. The position will start as soon as possible.
Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma values diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Curently open for 2015-2016 Season
Please be aware that any technical position for Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma will not include housing or travel stipends.
Positions currently available for applicates:
Sound Designer/ Engineer
Lyric operates year-round and has full and part-time internships available throughout the year (fall, spring, and summer).
"Putting the go in theatregoers," the Lyric Understudies Young Patrons group is made up of men & women ages 40 and under who cultivate a love of theatre and passion for Lyric in the Oklahoma City community.
Membership Info: LyricUnderstudiesOKC@gmail.com or (405) 524-9310
The Lyric Theatre of Oklahoma Associate Board fulfills a vital purpose for the organization. This group plans several events throughout the year, including opening night parties, holiday celebrations, and the renowned Lyric Indian Taco booth at the annual Festival of the Arts. The Associate Board also assists in donor-related events, such as the nightly reception at the Civic Center during Lyric's summer season.
Thelma Gaylord Academy Parent Support (LAPS) is made up of the dedicated parents of Lyric's Thelma Gaylord Academy students. The parents play a vital role in the success of the students, providing essential support in preparing for Academy classes and final productions. Scenery, costumes, props, event-planning, program printing, fundraising boutiques...you name it, and LAPS does it.
Ushering at the Plaza
Lyric uses volunteer ushers for all performances at the Plaza Theatre. If you would like to volunteer for a non-profit organization AND see a show, contact Andrew about ushering at the Plaza, via email.